Blue Wave Resources for Voiceover Casting
Welcome to Blue Wave’s our Introduction to Voiceover Casting resources page.
If you’re here for your first time hiring a professional freelance voiceover talent for your projects, welcome! We’re glad you found us. We’re happy to help you any way we can.
And if you have cast voiceover before, we’re sure we’ve got some good info for you, too, with some new ideas for things like writing a compelling casting spec, the recipe for a successful voiceover audition, or breakdowns of the many, many ways the term “web usage” can apply.
We’ll assist you with questions like:
- Why does political voice over differ for the voice over actor from any other ad campaign?
- What’s the difference between an Explainer video and a Web or Social Media Commercial?
- How do I audition voice overs for my political ad? And when I find who I want, how do I cast them?
- Why does the time, length, and distribution for my political campaign matter to my voice over talent?
- How do I make sure I’m offering a reasonable, competitive rate for voice over services that doesn’t bust my budget?
Tips, Tricks & Best Practices
Curious about what goes into the most successful voice over sessions? Below, we’ve got a list of our “deeper dives,” breaking down some of the more “mysterious” ins and outs of the voice over industry at large that should help strengthen your end-to-end voice over casting, recording and delivery process.
- How to Audition Voice Overs for Your Political Ad breaks down some of the best practices for getting hassle-free, amazing reads right away from your auditioning voice actors.
- Standard Audio File Formats for Voice Over details all the different ways your voice talent can get you your audio — as well as why they might matter, depending on how you plan to use the final product.
- Determining the Size of Your Media Market gets to the bottom of one half of the stickiest questions in voice over: “Why isn’t the cost the same across every platform?”
- Different Types of Web Usage is the other half of our series exploring the ins-and-outs, the whys-and-why-nots of the range of voice over rates, and why not all web ad campaigns are the same when it comes to an accurate quote.
- Explainer Videos vs. Web & Social Media Commercials explores the differences between the genres, from the angles of production, audience, and — of course — voice over style & delivery.
- The Number of Words in Political Ad Scripts is a handy breakdown of tips & tricks for making your political copy shine just as much in your talent’s voice as it does on the page.
- Holding a Casting collects advice from dedicated voice over actors, casting directors and producers for a list of best practices when seeking the perfect voice for your political ad campaign.
- Writing a Good & Compelling Casting Spec details some of the keywords, styles, archetypes and demographics that can best convey exactly how you’d like your potential voice over actors to perform, and…
- Hiring a Narrator for Longer Content explores how a long-form script can change your voice over talent’s approach, both in tone and style for delivery, as well as what kinds of questions to ask to make sure you’ve selected the right talent for a longer project the first time.
Need More Answers?
Got a question we didn’t address for casting voiceover? It happens! Please reach out via the contact form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you same-day with an answer and next steps.